Protec System Anti-Slip Finishes
185 System Anti-Slip Finishes
- Timber decking, slabs or tiles should ideally be loose laid.
- Timber bearers used with timber decking should not restrict flow of rainwater from the roof.
- If using the 185, system pre-formed Polyroof GRP reverse right angle trims may be used in lieu of fillet trims where necessary.
For more information: Download the Protec Balcony
Addition SheetDownload the Polyroof 185Balcony Addition Sheet
Decorative Tiles (PU Adhered)
If the specification requires bonded decorative tiles, we recommend the use of Mapei Kerlastic Adhesive, which has been tested and approved for use. This adhesive is flexible enough to accommodate structural expansion movements. Download the Addition Sheet
Paving Slabs with Cementitious Mortar
Where cementitious mortars are used additional protection is required to protect from caustic attack, including the use of Polyfinish MMA as a protective barrier and/or a suitable sacrificial layer such as taped polyethylene sheets. Download the Addition Sheet
Unique Warm Roof Solution for BalconiesThe Polyroof RES Balcony Insulation is an innovative solution specifically designed for warm roof balcony and walkway applications, which eliminates the need for using a plywood deck or mechanical fixings. The system consists of high performance T&G PIR insulation with a 3mm high-strength, non-compressible and puncture-resistant facing board which provides total protection from regular balcony usage. The boards are coated with the BBA-approved Protec waterproofing system and finished with a durable anti-slip finish to provide a uniquely efficient and effective solution for trafficked warm roof designs.
- High-performance PIR insulation providing excellent thermal conductivity
- High-strength, puncture resistant and non-compressible facing board bonded to the PIR insulation
- Boards are directly waterproofed without the need for additional carrier layers or plywood decking
- Minimises the height of the roof build-up allowing for more flexible designs in terms of upstand thresholds
- The boards are rot-proof, durable and maintenance-free.
- Available with bespoke cut-to-falls designs to reduce standing water
For more information: Download Data Sheet Download Outline Spec
Explorer Court, PlymouthThe project included the waterproofing of over 400 square metres on the main barrel roof and lower penthouse balconies for a highly successful and NRFC award winning development by Barratt Homes. The main roof was designed with a wave effect, with an internal radius of 5672mm. For the balcony areas, the designer specified decorative timber decking over the waterproof membrane, which meant that the membrane had to be durable enough to bear the weight from the decking. [Read more]
Residential Balconies with Polyroof’s 185 SystemA waterproofing system that can also provide a hard wearing and effective anti-slip finish is essential to any balcony. The balcony must also be durable enough to withstand regular foot traffic as well as support heavy garden furniture and the like. As is often the case, the cost effectiveness and the aesthetics of the balcony are of upmost important to the client.