Quality & Environmental Policy
Polyroof Quality & Environmental Policy
As a leading supplier of cold applied liquid products and ancillaries Polyroof Products Ltd is committed to meeting the needs and expectations of existing and new customers, employees, suppliers and stakeholders. This Policy provides a framework to establish and review our quality and environmental performance.
Polyroof Environmental Policy
As a leading supplier of cold applied liquid roofing systems to the domestic and commercial markets Polyroof Products Ltd is committed to managing and mitigating the environmental impacts which arise from its business activities in terms of:
- Waste Management
- Pollution Control
- Energy and Resource Conservation
- Management of Oil and Chemicals
- Statutory Nuisance
- Environmental impacts arising from past, present and future activities are effectively managed to the highest environmental standards;
- Ongoing compliance with environmental legislation, regulations and other related requirements subscribed to by the Company is maintained;
- Pollution of the environment is prevented;
- Continual improvement in environmental performance is achieved and maintained.
All Polyroof systems are manufactured in accordance with ISO 14001 Environmental Management Standards. Our products are exclusively manufactured in the UK, meaning there is minimal CO2 used in their distribution. We exclusively work in partnership with insulation manufacturers whose products are both CFC and HCFC free and manufactured in accordance with ISO 14001. We strive to deal with main tier suppliers who endorse these programmes. One of the key environmental benefits is that once a Polyroof system reaches the end of its service life it can easily be rejuvenated by over-coating. This simple procedure gives further protection for decades to come whilst reducing waste by not having to strip the old roof covering, resulting in excellent life-cycle costing results.
BREEAM / Green Guide Rating
BREEAM is the worlds leading sustainability assessment method for buildings. Depending on the version of BREEAM that is being used to provide an assessment, we at Polyroof can assist. Cold-applied liquid roofing membranes, such as those manufactured by Polyroof Products Ltd, have been recognised by BRE to help roofing elements achieve up to an A+ green guide rating (at the highest rating possible) depending on the roof construction. This is a reflection of the sustainability and low environmental impact of cold-liquid applied roofing membranes. For more information on BREEAM please visit www.bre.co.uk/greenguide
In order to ensure Quality in our organisation, we are committed to operating a Quality Management System complying with the requirements of BS EN ISO 9001:2015. We will continue to determine and provide the resources needed to implement and maintain the quality management system and will continually improve its effectiveness and enhance customer satisfaction by meeting customers’ requirements. We believe that the goods and services provided by our organisation should be to an excellent standard and our aim is to build on this excellence. The continual improvement in the quality of our products and services we provide will ensure we remain at the forefront of our markets.
ISO 9001: 2008 Quality Compliance
1. We are committed to comply with the requirements of ISO 9001 : 2008 2. We strive to satisfy the needs and expectations of existing and potential customers both Contractors and Specifiers whether professional or property owners. Customer satisfaction is the main objective of this Company and to this end we will evaluate and continually improve the following aspects of our service. Polyroof Approved Contractors:
Conformity and performance of product
Availability of range/completion of orders
Health and Safety liaison
Approval, training and monitoring
Specifier / Property Owner:
Response to enquiry
Content and production of specifications
Satisfaction with completed roof
3. We understand the key to our success rests with our workforce. The development of people within this workforce and their commitment to quality throughout the organisation is critical.
To identify the needs and expectations of our workforce we have set the following objectives:
To complete an annual review of individual training needs identifying current and future requirements.
To perform an annual review of performance either with an individual or as a team where objectives of both a personnel and Company nature will be set and monitored.
To actively support a Health, Safety and Environment Committee led by the Managing Director and involving representatives of all sections of our organisation to provide a minuted response to new legislation and employee concerns. To evaluate and monitor our performance in relation to accidents and dangerous incidents.
4. We are committed to identifying the needs and expectations of the wider public and outside authorities have of our organisation. To this end we will follow the specific objectives of :
To actively support a Health, Safety and Environment Committee led by the Managing Director and involving representatives of all sections of our organisation to provide a minuted response to new legislation and employee concerns.
To demonstrate a continual development process reviewing and were possible improving the elements of our existing systems which could be considered hazardous.
5. To identify and work closely with our key suppliers to ensure an understanding of each other’s needs and expectations. Specific objectives to include but not be limited to:
The monitoring of performance of conformity of product/service delivered
6. We will endeavour to determine and provide the resources needed to implement and maintain the quality management system and continually improve its effectiveness and to enhance customer satisfaction by meeting customer requirements.
7. We are committed to ensuring the suitability of our policy and will annually review as part of our management process.
We are committed to protect the environment. In order to ensure that our environmental commitments and responsibilities are realised through a planned and coordinated approach to environmental management, we operate an Environmental Management System certificated to BS EN ISO 14001:2015. We will manage and mitigate the environmental impacts which arise from our business activities in terms of Waste Management, Pollution Control, Energy and Resource Conservation, Management of Oil and Chemicals and Statutory Nuisance. We will aim for continual improvement in our environmental performance and ensure that we fully comply with all relevant environmental legislation.
Our Employees are our Success
We acknowledge that our Quality and Environmental goals cannot be achieved without the contributions of everyone within our organisation. Each and every one of our employees plays an important role and contributes in our success.