High-Performance Waterproofing for Metal Gutters, Low Pitched Sheeted Roofs and Flat Roofs
- Refurbishments: Ideal for coating metal gutters, low pitched sheeted roofs (including Plastisol-coated metal and asbestos sheets), metal roofs (including lead, zinc and copper) and single-ply roofs.
- New Build: N/A
- Roof Designs: Elastex SoLo is an overlay system and the existing roof design will usually be unchanged.
- Balconies & Walkways: N/A
- Capable of outstanding adhesion to virtually all metals and many other common roofing substrates.
- Highly flexible and able to accommodate all normal structural expansion movements.
- Low odour
- Cost-effective and low disruption alternative to strip-and-replace works.
- Moisture curing so can be applied in most weather conditions.
- Fire performance: Classified as BROOF(t4), the top rating achievable for a flat roof system and designating Elastex SoLo as unrestricted under UK the national Requirements (see Section 7 of BBA Certificate 07/4489).
- BBA approved and available in 10, 15, 20 or 25 year versions to suit performance requirements.
- Carries Polyroof’s trusted Accredited System Guarantee.
- Standard colours are Dove Grey and Slate Grey (see our Colours & Finishes page for more options and further details)
Polyroof Outline Specifications
Complex Roof Overlay, Isle of Man
The roof area above the offices of a leading bank Douglas, Isle of Man, was in an aged condition and suffering from persistent leaks. The roof was complex in its design, consisting of low pitched profiled metal sheets to the main area as well as galvanised steel valley gutters, barrel roof sections and parapet walls. Water ingress was widespread across the area and extensive localised repairs had been carried out… [Read More]
Aged Galvanised Steel Gutter Refurbishment
This large industrial building in Blackburn had been suffering from persistent leaks that were emanating from the failing valley gutter. The galvanised steel gutter was heavily rusted and was in danger of becoming structurally unsound if left unchecked. Not wanting to undertake costly removal and replacement works, the client turned to Polyroof for an overlay solution… [Read More]
Profiled Metal Roof Refurbishment, Jersey
This large building in St Helier, Jersey, houses numerous business establishments. The main roof consisted of aged Plastisol-coated metal sheeting which was failing to prevent water ingress into the interior of the building. The replacement of the existing roof was cost prohibitive and so the client turned to Polyroof to provide a long-lasting, cost-effective and fully guaranteed overlay waterproofing solution… [Read More]
Rejuvenation of Aged Zinc Roof
The client for this project operates a number of learning centres across the UK. Having specified Polyroof systems to refurbish various roof areas at other sites, they turned to Polyroof to provide a solution to the leaking zinc roof at
this picturesque location in Perthshire. The BBA-approved Elastex system was chosen for the project, which is ideal for coating aged metal substrates…
Single-Ply Overlay at RVI Hospital
As part of an extension programme at the RVI Hospital in Newcastle, a new corridor building had been waterproofed with a single-ply system. However, due to installation issues the coverings had failed to prevent water ingress and localised repairs were ineffective. The main contractor tasked with solving the issue contacted a Polyroof approved contractor to provide a long-term solution… [Read More]